Desirée provides administrative and advising support for several graduate programs in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. She supports graduate students throughout their time at KU from admission through graduation, and she helps both graduate faculty and students navigate University policies and procedures. The departments/areas/programs she collaborates with are:
- Communication Studies
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for Global and International Studies
- Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies
- Center for Russian, Eastern European & Eurasian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace & Conflict Studies
Desirée joined COGA in 2020, but she began working at the University of Kansas in 2014. She earned a B.S. in Psychology from Indiana State University, an M.A. in English from Emporia State University, and an MLS (Master of Library Sciences) from Emporia State University.